*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only.
**Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Explore the structure and functions of the skeletal and muscular systems of the human body through a variety of guided-inquiry activities and the examination of real human specimens.
- 3.L.1.1: Compare the different functions of the skeletal and muscular system.
- Students will learn that joints are the places where bones meet inside our bodies.
- Students will learn several different joints in our body, including their motion and their location. For example, hinge, pivot, ball and socket, gliding, etc.
- Students will learn that connective tissue is what holds our joints together and cushions them.
- Students will learn about the muscles in our body and their importance.
Methods and Activities:
Hands-On Learning, Technology, Discussion
- Teaching/presentation space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
- Approximate set-up and clean-up time – 30 minutes before and after program.
- Large room with a large open floor area.
- Program will need to remain set up and secured from students for the entire day if multiple programs are booked.
- Secure storage for materials if left overnight.
Call to Book910.997.5266 x300
- Grade 3
- Duration: 50 minutes
$150 first class / $125 each additional class (same class, same day)
- Maximum 25 students
Build bridges to STEM education
Discovery Place Education Studio provides customized professional development in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to educators across the region at our state-of-the-art facility in uptown Charlotte or delivered right to your school.