*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only. **Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Use your senses to experience the wonders of the world. Play with various sensory materials and watch liquid nitrogen turn objects to ice, just like one of our favorite princesses.
Major Concepts To Be Explored:
- Children will experience new things using their five senses (ages 6 months - 2 years).
- Children will experience the wonders of liquid nitrogen while learning about their five senses (ages 3 - 5 years).
Goals of the Program:
- Children will develop their motor skills and vocabulary while exploring their senses.
If developmentally appropriate, children will:
- Ask and/or answer questions
- Make predictions
- Use descriptive vocabulary
- Develop their motor skills
Methods and Activities:
- Children will explore new textures, smells, tastes and sounds (ages 6 months - 2 years).
- While the educator does a demonstration with liquid nitrogen, children will explore new textures, smells, tastes and sounds (ages 3 - 5 years).
Seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting, liquid nitrogen
This cart-based class can move from classroom to classroom to accommodate the littlest learners, from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Teaching space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
- Three small tables or space on the floor for activities
- Access to water
- At least 15 minutes between classes for set up, clean up and transport
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Pre K
- Duration: 30 minutes
$100 per class
- Maximum 15 students