*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only.
**Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Explore buoyancy and gravity through bubbles and hands-on activities with spherical objects.
Major Concepts To Be Explored:
- Some things float and some things sink
- Objects can be the same shape but do different things (i.e. float in the air, sink in water)
Goals of the Program:
- Children will develop their motor skills and vocabulary while exploring buoyancy and gravity
If developmentally appropriate, children will:
- Ask and/or answer questions
- Make predictions
- Use descriptive vocabulary
- Develop gross and fine motor skills
- Sort objects by color, size, shape, etc
Methods and Activities:
- Children will test various materials to see if they sink or float in water
- Children will play with bubbles and water
- Children will play with various balls and sensory bottles
Sphere, bubble, float, sink
This cart-based class can move from classroom to classroom to accommodate the littlest learners, from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Teaching space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
- Three small tables or space on the floor for activities
- Access to water
- At least 15 minutes between classes for set up, clean up and transport
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Pre K
- Duration: 30 minutes
$100 per class
- Maximum 15 students
Build bridges to STEM education
Discovery Place Education Studio provides customized professional development in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to educators across the region at our state-of-the-art facility in uptown Charlotte or delivered right to your school.