*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only. **Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Explore buoyancy and gravity through bubbles and hands-on activities with spherical objects.
Major Concepts To Be Explored:
- Some things float and some things sink
- Objects can be the same shape but do different things (i.e. float in the air, sink in water)
Goals of the Program:
- Children will develop their motor skills and vocabulary while exploring buoyancy and gravity
If developmentally appropriate, children will:
- Ask and/or answer questions
- Make predictions
- Use descriptive vocabulary
- Develop gross and fine motor skills
- Sort objects by color, size, shape, etc
Methods and Activities:
- Children will test various materials to see if they sink or float in water
- Children will play with bubbles and water
- Children will play with various balls and sensory bottles
Sphere, bubble, float, sink
This cart-based class can move from classroom to classroom to accommodate the littlest learners, from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Teaching space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
- Three small tables or space on the floor for activities
- Access to water
- At least 15 minutes between classes for set up, clean up and transport
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Pre K
- Duration: 30 minutes
$100 per class
- Maximum 15 students