*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only.
**Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Meet a variety of animal friends, such as reptiles, arthropods and amphibians. Live encounters will be enhanced by imaginary play with lifelike puppets.
Major Concepts To Be Explored:
- How are animals different? How are they the same?
- Which animals have fur? Feathers? Scales?
Goals of the Program:
- Children will make a connection between the animals they meet and animals they have seen or will see in the future.
- Children will understand that some animals have fur, feathers or scales.
If developmentally appropriate, children will:
- Ask and/or answer questions about animals
- Act out animal behaviors and sounds
- Use vocabulary to describe textures
Methods and Activities:
- Using puppets, students will learn about different types of animals.
- Children will touch real animals.
- Children will touch and interact with different animal specimens.
Fur, Feathers, Scales
This cart-based class can move from classroom to classroom to accommodate the littlest learners, from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Teaching space should have no class pets.
- Teaching space must be accessible via wheeled cart.
- Students should wash hands before and after class.
- Three small tables
- At least 15 minutes between classes for set up, clean up and transport
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Pre K
- Duration: 30 minutes
$100 per class
- Maximum 15 students
Build bridges to STEM education
Discovery Place Education Studio provides customized professional development in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to educators across the region at our state-of-the-art facility in uptown Charlotte or delivered right to your school.