*Individual Memberships available at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature only. **Family Museum Memberships at Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham are $130 ***Guest passes are available for Family Memberships only.
Are you an educator who's ready to get hands-on with cutting-edge technology? Do you want to become an expert in content areas such as instructional technology, problem-based learning or literacy and integration strategies?
The Summer Leadership Institute at Discovery Place Education Studio is designed to empower rising leaders. Help shape your school or organization's instructional landscape and build a sustainable culture of STEM teaching and learning.
In-depth, hands-on experiences will enable participants to bring back real-world tools and strategies.
Choose from five workshops:
- Digital Fabrication
- Active Learning in the Middle School Math Classroom
- More Than an Hour of Code
- 3D Design and Printing
- Project-Based Learning
Why attend a Summer Leadership Institute?
With a Summer Leadership Institute at Discovery Place Education Studio, teachers benefit by:
- Completing a full year of professional development on one topic in a four day workshop. Most schools have five professional development days scheduled for the year
- Gaining access to new innovative resources (3D Printers, MakeyMakey's, MicroBits, Instructional Frameworks, Math Engagement Tools, etc.) that can return to school and be utilized by all educators
- Developing teacher leadership skills to train and support other educators with content, skills and resources learned at the Summer Leadership Institute
- Advancing the foundation for launching innovative teaching practicies within your school
- Utilizing expertise and available summer days to kick off the planning for the next school year
Call for Info704.372.6261 x505
- 20 - 25 participants per workshop
$1750 - $2500
3D Design and Printing
Join us in learning to use 3D Printing to support transformative learning in your classroom
Journey into project-based learning to give students an enriched educational experience
Learn how to use 3D modeling software and vector-based design tools