Event - Winter Camps
Winter Break Camps are Back! Winter CampsDiscovery Place
Take a break from the ordinary and do something extraordinary this holiday season... Discovery Place Winter Break Camps are back!
Investigate, innovate, excavate and create during full-day Camps designed to keep young minds energized and small hands engaged during school vacation.
All Camps run 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and are held at Discovery Place in uptown Charlotte.
Sign up for individual days or a whole week of fun and learning.
Click to learn all about Winter Break Camp options.
WINTER BREAK CAMPS OVERVIEW
MONDAY, DECEMBER 30
Grades K-1 - Paleontologists
Grades 2-3 - Destination: Earth *NEW*
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31
Grades K-1 - Engineers: We Can Build It
Grades 2-3 - Junior Innovators: Where Art Meets Science
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1
Grades K-1 - Push, Pull, and Lift *NEW*
Grades 2-3 - The Incredible Human Body *NEW*
THURSDAY, JANUARY 2
Grades K-1 - Backyard Botanists *NEW*
Grades 2-3 - Rainforest Adventurers
FRIDAY, JANUARY 3
Grades K-1 - Blast Off!
Grades 2-3 - Astronaut Academy
- Members: $45 per camp session
- Non-Members: $55 per camp session
- Register online at discoveryplace.org or by calling 704.372.6261 x300 weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Emergency medical form must be completed and returned at least 2 weeks prior to the start of Camp.
- Cancellation notice of 3 weeks is required for a full refund.
- Programs with low enrollment 3 weeks prior to the start date are subject to cancellation. Minimum enrollment is required to run each Camp. If cancellation occurs, the family will be notified and given the opportunity to select another Camp or receive a refund.
- Supervised lunch care is included with all Winter Break Camps.
- Campers should pack a nut-free bag lunch. Discovery Place Winter Break Camps are nut-free zones for the safety of all of our Campers. Please pack all lunches accordingly.
- Snacks will not be provided; however, a short snack time will be allotted in the morning and afternoon each day. You may send a nut-free snack with your child each day. Discovery Place Winter Break Camps are nut-free zones for the safety of all of our Campers. Please pack all snacks accordingly.
- Limited scholarships are available for Winter Break Camps based on financial need. Please call 704.372.6261 x359 for more information.