Discovery Place Summer Camps offer learning and fun for all ages.
School may be out, but education and adventure are always in at Discovery Place! With Camps for preschool – rising grade 9, there’s a new theme each week to get kids fired up about science, technology, engineering and art.
Information and Policies
- Registration Dates
• Registration for Members begins Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
• Registration for non-Members begins Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
- Registration Process
• Register online at discoveryplace.org, call 800.935.0553 or 704.372.6261 x300 weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., or mail form.
• Full payment must be made at the time of registration.
• Emergency Medical and Release Form must be completed prior to the start of camp.
- I've registered. What's next?
Send in the Emergency Medical and Release Form. This form is important! Your Camper will not be permitted to Camp until we have a completed form.
- Where do I go? What do I do?
Discovery Place Summer Camp takes place at the Museum located at 301 N Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202. We use a carpool drop-off/pick-up system.
• Approach the Museum going south on North Tryon Street. Make sure you're in the right turn lane. Follow the Museum Summer Camp signs and turn right onto 6th Street. Stay in the right lane. Summer Camp staff will safely assist your Camper out of the car.
• The pick-up location is the same as the drop-off location. Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to start of Camp.
• All adults must present a photo ID when picking up Campers. Only adults listed on the Emergency Medical Form will be authorized to pick up a Camper.
- What do I pack?
• A nut-free snack and an easy-to-open and close drink bottle.
• Lunch if you're staying for a full-day Camp. You may also pre-order lunches from the Museum's Community Café. The pre-order form is available at right under RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS or call us at 704.372.6261 x300 to have a form mailed to you. Pre-order lunch forms must be submitted the Wednesday before your Camp begins.
• Wear comfy clothes that say, "Hey, I've found the formula for fun this summer!
- Cancellation Policy
• Cancellation notice of 3 weeks is required for a full refund.
• Programs with low enrollment 3 weeks prior to the start date are subject to cancellation. Minimum enrollment is required to run each Camp. If cancellation occurs, the family will be notified and given the opportunity to select another Camp or receive a refund.
Search Summer Camp Options